Friday, January 6, 2012

Getting in gear.

The awkward moment when you get "told" by your chiropractor:


Setting: Middle of December, about 3 and 1/2 months since our wedding
Me: My hips have been really bothering me lately...
Dr. C: Are you still doing yoga? When's the last time you worked out?
Me: Well...I haven't actually gone to yoga in a while, and I haven't been to the gym in about 6 months...
Dr. C: I know you were really busy with the new job and getting married...but c'mon. It's been 4 months; the honeymoon period is over and it's time to get it gear and focus.


Whoops. Nothing like being blunt...


Now, I could take this personally and get offended and stomp away complaining that I got called fat and lazy.  But I really don't think he meant it like that.  He's absolutely right: I need focus.  It's so easy to justify week after week that I'm just "too busy" and I want to spend time with my hubs and read the 4 books I'm in the middle of and clean my apartment and get enough sleep, but I'm not really being nice to my body in the meantime.


So as of January 1st I officially spent money to join the gym on campus for 6 months. Translation: I can either officially get my butt on an elliptical OR officially waste lots of money.


New year, fresh start, better focus?
To these I say: "Yes, please!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...