1. It's Friday! Why does last Sunday feel like at least a whole decade ago? We did have a lot happening during the evenings this week, and I have been looking forward to this weekend for a few particular reasons, one being that its Brandon's birthday :)
2. I seriously love birthdays. This has a lot to do with the fact that my mom also loves birthdays and we are real good at celebrating them. They are such a fantastic excuse to really honor a person and remind them how much they are loved, having one day of the year especially celebrating their life! Cake is always a must and ice cream doesn't hurt either...and presents are something we still do in my family, no matter how old you are!
3. Last night we went out to dinner--just the hubs and I--to celebrate. It was nice to have a full conversation while holding hands and eating delicious burgers. We love our wiggle-worm baby, but taking an hour to just enjoy one another's company was wonderfully refreshing.
4. Thanks to Michelle and Matt for watching Silas. It's so nice having friends like you! :) They have a little cutie of their own, just 1 week older than Silas. And although we were friends before, the 4 of us definitely bonded over being preggo at the same time and carpooled to Bradley classes together. I am truly grateful for them.
5. My hair is falling out in clumps. The shower wall looks like a piece of modern art by the time I'm finished. Don't worry, I don't make Brandon deal with it. He already finds strands of my hair woven in shirts that have come out of the dryer and between his toes and things. It would just be cruel to leave a gift of hair in the shower for him. What I'm wondering is whether this is just a normal post-baby thing to be happening...
6. In less disturbing but still baby related news, little man has officially begun to giggle. It is not often and its timing is completely unpredictable but really even just one time makes my whole day.
7. My youngest sister moved into college today and I am one proud older sister. I can remember so clearly my own move in day and the crazy number of conflict ring emotions that went with it. I'm told that she got everything settled and then said, "Oh ya, I have to sleep here tonight!" What a strange feeling it is to have the place you lay your head at night a different one than you've always called home!!
Okay, I should call it a night since its already technically morning.
Check out more quick-takers over at Jen's.