1. Having my toes painted. Last Friday before the wedding the bride and her bridesmaids went to get manis/pedis. I really love both the process of having them painted (aka: a pedicure) as well as just looking down when I put on my shoes or cross my legs, and seeing my little piggies all cute and painted. Although there is hardly ever a time when they're not done, it reminds me of summer. Even if every other part of me is a mess, at least my toes are good to go.
2. Ice cream. I can't think of a time where ice cream isn't a suitable treat. I also can't think of a kind of ice cream I dislike, or even a variation. (Hello, gelato and fro-yo!) Typically my pick is cookie dough, something with caramel in it, or vanilla with fruit on top. But really, if you want to make my day, suggest that we go out for a scoop!
3. My husband's hand on the small of my back. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. You're with a large group of people and that man you love walks up next to you and just places his hand on your back to let you know he's there. Insta-butterflies in the stomach.
4. When someone you've been thinking about texts you. or calls or facebooks...I seriously love this "connection" and it brings a smile to my face when it's almost as though you were connected telepathically to that person. I have quite a few friends who this has happened with. My mom and I do it on a weekly basis. We have literally called each other once at the same moment and we each got a busy signal!
5. Getting snail mail. There really is something about a handwritten card with a stamp on it that comes in your mailbox...the one you actually have to walk outside to access. I really love getting mail and often keep many of the cards I receive (and always try to return the favor and send out handwritten cards so that others get the rush of snail mail)
Check out Hallie's page for more five favorites.